To provide the Programme Sponsor with the Authority to:
- Start the Programme Initiation stage;
- To approve the Programme Mandate as the initial baseline for the Programme;
- To appoint the Programme Director, if a different person to the Programme Sponsor.
4. Programme Stages.
- Preceeding Stage; Identify the Programme
- Next Stage; Initiate the Programme.
The Programme Mandate defines the scope of the Programme and contents of the Authority to Proceed (Gate 1) should not be a repetition of the Mandate’s content and can therefore be kept simple, as follows:
- Name of the Programme. The Programme needs to have a unique name that will be used in all future references & documentation.
- Formal Authority to Proceed with the Initiate Stage of the Programme. This is a statement that the Programme Sponsor has formal Authority to proceed with the Initiate stage of the Programme and to appoint the Programme Director, if a different person to the Programme Sponsor.
- Baseline for Initiate Stage of Programme. The version & date of the Programme Mandate and of this Authority to Proceed (Gate 1) that are the Baseline for the Initiate Stage of the Programe should be explicitly stated.
- Programme Personnel. The name of the Programme Sponsor, the Programme Director (if a different person to the Programme Sponsor) and the members of the Programme Board, together with their specific areas of interest & expertise should be defined. There should be a formal signature (electronic or hard copy) for each member of the Programme Personnel attached to the Authority to Proceed (Gate 1).